Braille kits for schools for the blind
A lot of schools for blind children are equip with teaching material worse. in particular small schools are lacking special teaching material for the blinds. Braille offers distinctive advantages for children who want to learn fundamentals of language, such as spelling and phonetics.
Hamara Bandhan has found an Indian manufactory, who sells the teaching material for learning Braille. The production centres are themselves manned by workers with disabilities. With Your donation it's possible, to buy the Braille kits and distribute them to the schools for the blind. Additional we provide games like domino with touchable points.
Braille & Mathematics Education Kit consist of following items
- Braille slate: It is used in learning Braille dots using touch & feel method.
- Stylus: It is used in writing the Braille dots on the hard paper
- Taylor's Mathematical frame: It is used to solve the maths problems/calculation
- Type sets for Mathematical frame: These are the small metallic structures marked with numbers & other mathematics signs such as +,-, /, x which helps the me to solve the maths problems.
- English alphabet trainer plate: This frame has the English alphabets helps o learn English language easily.
- Abacus: This is also a maths learning kit for a starter children
- Geometry set: This helps to learn & solve geometric problems.
- Natesanblock braille word forming and Vasanthacube braille letter forming: These two helps fresh children to understand the Braille by learning the dots.
Braille offers distinctive advantages for children who want to learn fundamentals of language, such as spelling and phonetics.photographs of the Braille kits
Braille kits for the Asha Deepa School for the Blind (ADSFB) November 2008
In November 2008 we supported the Asha Deepa School for the Blind (ADSFB) an d handed over 40 braille sets for the blind girls. Here you find photographs of the school for blind and the Braille kits. The indian press reported about this project of Hamara Bandhan.
Braille kits for the Smt. Ambubai Residential School for the Blind Girls Juli 2009
Here you find photographs of the Ambubai School and the Braille kits.